Keeping your dog happy and healthy is no easy task. But we make it a whole lot easier with Organic Slippery Elm Bark, clinically proven to protect your dog's intestines and stomach from inflammation and irritation (like diarrhea). Our Slippery Elm Bark is 100% natural, organic, and sustainably sourced. To treat sudden cases of diarrhea, you can also fast your dog, feed bland food and give probiotics along with Organic Slippery Elm Bark to ease symptoms.
- Think of slippery elm as a bowel lozenge, a lozenge coats the sore throat, lubricating it so it’s easier to swallow food and liquids. Slippery Elm does this for your dog’s bowels. Inflammation is reduced, and the not-so-pleasant symptoms of GI upset are eased.
- Slippery elm contains astringent tannins that soothe and reduce inflammation, reduce swelling and heal tissue. Helps to heal internal and mucosal tissues.
- Slippery Elm Bark has a long history of use in Chinese, Ayurvedic, Western, and North American First Nations medical traditions.
- Native American herbalists have used Slippery Elm Bark for centuries as a healing ointment to relieve stomach upset due to it's astringent and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Slippery Elm Bark is an herb derived from the inner part of the elm bark and is usually used as a finely ground powder.
- Derives from the Slippery Elm tree, a deciduous tree that grows on the eastern coast of the United States.
- Sustainably grown and harvested
- Approved by Health Canada NN.Y8I8
- When introducing any new item to your dogs diet do so gradually.
- Suggested use – 1/4 tsp per 10 lbs - once to twice a day
- Store in a cool dry place away from humidity, heat, and direct light.
- Not to be used in pregnant dogs.
- Do not use within 48 hours of surgery/anesthesia.
- The absorption of drugs taken simultaneously may be delayed.
- Do not use in animals receiving other drugs, unless directed by a veterinarian
- 100% Organic Slippery Elm Bark Powder (ulmus rubra)